What’s New in Liberty Reports 1.00.0040
This version contains the following enhancements:
- The setup program now automatically handles copying the SMB API files to the necessary folders.
- If you have multiple connections in a single workbook, then Liberty Reports attempts to eliminate extra login prompts by reusing the login credentials for the first connection on subsequent connections (of the same database type).
- The legacy VBA toolbar on the Add-ins ribbon is now displayed by default. There is an option to turn it off under Program Options / This User / Show the legacy toolbar.
- Now report a friendly message explaining the available remedies when Liberty Reports is installed under Excel 64-bit.
- The setup program now tries to automatically connect the mapped drive if unable to connect via the Administrator security context (Windows Vista and above security issue – see our KB article for more information).
- The Email Technical Support window now:
- Formats the user’s address to include the name, for example, First Last
- Offers to open the containing folder of the diagnostics files when the email cannot be sent.
- For consultants who create templates for customers on more than one flavor of Liberty Reports, this version avoids saving the automatic connection to the workbook properties unless it is actually in use. The purpose is to prevent connection types that the user doesn’t actually have installed from showing up on the customer’s Manage Connections window.
- Now validate the length of the Company Name on the first step of the License Wizard.
- Fixed a bug where it was possible to connect via an auto-detected database, then delete the database connection, yet still be able to connect to it when you reopen the workbook.
- Fixed a bug where it was possible to suppress the login on a Prompt connection by deleting the Database attribute in Excel’s Custom Workbook Properties.
- Compiled against the 2003 versions of Excel and Office object models for optimal backward compatibility.