Configuring Sage 100 Contractor for Liberty Reports
Sage 100 Contractor (formerly Sage Master Builder) version 17 and higher requires the use of the Sage 100 Contractor API (formerly SMB API) to validate user login credentials. Note that if you upgrade to version 17 or higher, then you must also upgrade your version of Liberty Reports to 1.00.0030 or higher.
Enabling the API
Note - Request assistance from your Sage 100 Contractor support representative if you need assistance with Security setup.
- Log in to Sage 100 Contractor as Supervisor.
- Under 7-3-1 Security Groups, make sure an entry exists with the group name “API”.
- Under 7-3-2 User List, assign the API group to every user who you wish to grant access to your company data via Liberty Reports.
- Select menu 6 Project Management and press the F7 key to bring up the Menu Level Security window, check the box to allow the API group access, and click Save.
- Select menu 6-3 Job Costs and again press the F7 key to bring up the Menu Level Security window, check the box to allow the API group access, and click Save.
- If using Sage Master Builder version 17, follow the steps in Copying the API Files below to complete the process. This step is not needed with Sage 100 Contractor 2013 v18 and beyond.
- Depending on the order you do things in, you may also need to restart Sage 100 Contractor and Excel before Liberty Reports will reflect the changes you make to the Sage 100 Contractor security settings.
Copying the SMB v17 API Files
This section only applies if you are using version 17 of Sage Master Builder. Beginning with Sage 100 Contractor 2013 v18, these files no longer need to be copied.
Specifically, certain files that make up the Sage Master Builder v17 API must be copied into specific locations used by Liberty Reports and Excel. This is necessary in order for these files to be used by the program. You have two options for copying these files:
Option 1 - Use the CopySMBAPI Utility
Open Windows Explorer and double-click the
On 64-bit operating systems, the path to this file is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Event 1\Liberty Reports\CopySMBAPI.exe
On 32-bit operating systems, the path to this file is:
C:\Program FilesEvent 1\Liberty Reports\CopySMBAPI.exe
Option 2 - Manually Copy Files
The following five files are found by default under C:\MB7\Programs, and must be copied to the Liberty Reports folder and also to the folder containing "Excel.exe".
Copying to the Liberty Reports Folder
On 64-bit operating systems, the Liberty Reports folder is located here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Event 1\Liberty Reports\
On 32-bit operating systems, the Liberty Reports folder is located here:
C:\Program Files\Event 1\Liberty Reports
Copying to the Excel Folder
The location of Excel varies by your version of Windows and your version of Microsoft Office. You must find the folder that contains the "Excel.exe" file. Here are a couple of examples to help you locate the correct folder:
Excel 2007 on Windows XP
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\
Excel 2010 on Windows 7 64-bit
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\