- After installing Office Connector on a new PC or where Microsoft Office was recently installed/activated and attempting to select any of the buttons on the Office Connector toolbar, you receive a message that starts, "An Unexpected Situation..."
- After installing Office Connector on a new PC or where Microsoft Office was recently installed/activated you receive a message that starts, "An Unexpected Situation..." after selecting a valid Sage 300 CRE Company instead of being prompted for your Sage credentials.
This behavior is caused when a computer is using an activated version of Microsoft Office which came pre-loaded with the PC or where Microsoft Office was installed via the Microsoft Store application within the operating system instead of media being downloaded directly from the Microsoft website.
Installations that match the behavior above place the program files for Microsoft Office in a non-standard directory causing any program that is dependent on Microsoft Office components to fail.
To confirm this issue is affecting your system, please follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft Excel
- Press Alt-F11 to open the VBA Editor
- Press Ctl-g to open the Immediate window
- Type the following command and press enter
If the path listed starts in the same pattern as one of the following, this issue is not affecting your environment and you should contact our support team.
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\
If the path listed does not start in the same pattern as what is shown above, we recommend uninstalling the installed version of Microsoft Office and downloading the installation media directly from Microsoft.