Beginning with Sage 100 Contractor version 20, Microsoft SQL Server is now used for the underlying database that stores your Sage 100 Contractor data.
Liberty Reports automatically adds databases to the list of known databases with Sage 100 Contractor version 19 and prior. This functionality is not possible with version 20 databases because of the need to first establish a connection to the SQL Server by entering valid login credentials. Version 20 databases must therefore be manually added to the list of known databases before they can be used with Liberty Reports.Steps
- Open Excel
- Click the Liberty Reports tab on the ribbon.
- In the Design Tools group click Manage Connections.
- On the Databases tab, click Add.
- When prompted to select the Database Type, select Sage 100 Contractor 2016 (v20) or higher and click OK.
- Click on the name of the SQL Server (or, if the name is not shown, type the name in the Server Name box) and click Next.
- When prompted to login, select one of the following options -
- With Windows authentication using the network login ID - If you are using Windows authentication within Sage 100 Contractor. This means that your user name will identify your network domain and user name (e.g., mydomain\user).
- With SQL Server authentication using the login ID and password entered below - If you are using user names and passwords that you setup within Sage 100 Contractor, select this option and enter your Sage 100 Contractor user name and password in the boxes below.
- Click Next
- Click on the name of your Sage 100 Contractor database and click Finish.
- Select the option "This workbook and other workbooks used by other users on the network" to add the database to the global list. By doing this, these steps need only be performed once on one workstation for a given database and then it will be accessible by all Liberty Reports users on the network who have valid login credentials.
- In the Database Name box, type a name that describes your database and click Finish
- Click Close to dismiss the Manage Databases and Connections window
The database you added is now available to select when running a report or when you click Select Databases on the Liberty Reports toolbar.