How to setup a Sage 300 CRE ODBC Data Source
An ODBC Data Source consists of a descriptive name that you provide and a Sage 300 CRE data folder path that it represents (among a handful of other settings). Applications that can utilize ODBC Data Sources will allow you to identify the source of data using the name that you assign. Event 1 applications access the Sage 300 CRE data via ODBC without the need to define a Data Source. This topic is therefore provided for the purpose of utilizing ODBC functionality outside of Event 1 applications. One application of this would be for testing the operation of the ODBC driver to confirm whether it is functioning as expected on a given workstation.
- Click Start and then Run, or while holding down the Windows key on the keyboard, press R. This will bring up the Run box.
- In the Open box, type one of these two paths depending on whether your operating environment is 32-bit or 64-bit and then click OK:
- 32-bit: C:WindowsSystem32odbcad32.exe
- 64-bit: C:WindowsSysWOW64odbcad32.exe
- On the User DSN tab, click Add
- In the Create New Data Source window, scroll down the list of drivers, select Timberline Data and click Finish. The Timberline Data ODBC Setup window will appear.
- In the Data Source Name box, enter a unique name. Example:
- Click Select Folder, select your desired Sage 300 CRE data folder, and click OK.
- Click Options to display the Data Source Options.
- In the Table and Field Naming box, select Dictionary names
- Click OK.