Could not convert the Prolog Manager project number to a valid Sage Timberline Office job number
The Project Number of the contract does not result in a valid Job Number for Sage Timberline Office. Normally the Timberline Job Number is identical to the Prolog Project Number however an alternate value may be specified using a substitution table in Integrator. Regardless, this message will occur when the Job Number would be invalid. An invalid Job Number would be one that fits one of the following scenarios:
|Too large||The Timberline Job Number has a maximum size that is dependent on how you have implemented Sage Timberline Office. If you have a sectioned Job Number, the largest allowed value would be the sum of the size of each section plus one character per separator character between the sections. A Job Number that is longer will be rejected. If you do not have sectioned Job Number, the maximum size is 12 characters.|
|Too small||The Timberline Job Number has a minimum size that is dependent on how you have implemented Sage Timberline Office. If you have a sectioned Job Number, the smallest allowed value would be one character for the first section plus the sum of the size of each remaining section plus one character for each separator character. A Job Number smaller than this size will be rejected. If you do not have a sectioned Job Number, the minimum size is one character.|
|Wrong Format||If you have a sectioned Job Number then the job number must be in a specific format to be considered value. The format will be dependent on the number of sections, the number of characters in each section and the separator characters between them. If the Job Number that is based on either the Prolog Project Number or an Integrator substitution table results in a format that is different than the expected format, it will be rejected.|
Determine the expected size and format for the Timberline Job Number
- Start Sage Timberline Office Job Cost
- Click the File menu, click Data Folder Settings, and then click Custom Descriptions
- Scroll down to the JC Job filed so that the cursor is on this line.
- Click the Setup Sections button
- The window that is displayed will show the number of sections that are defined, the number of characters for each, and the separator characters between them. If there are no sections defined then you do not have a sectioned Job Number. In this case, click Cancel and refer to the value in the Size column for JC Job.
Review Integrator's substitution table
- Start Integrator
- Open your connection
- Click the Settings menu and click Budget Code Substitutions
- In the Database box, click Sage Timberline Office
- In the Field Name box, leave the selection on Job
- In the Table Keys list, select Project Number
- Click Open
- Review the list of entries displayed in the substitution table. If the Prolog Project Number in question appears in this list, confirm that the Job Number it is matched with conforms to the size and format expected by Sage Timberline Office.
Note - Note that if the Project Number in question is not in this table but other project are listed, your implementation of Integrator may be such that the solution is to add the project to this table and identify the appropriate Sage Timberline Office Job Number. Also note that other substitution tables can be created that result in assignment of the Sage Timberline Office Job Number. To explore this possibility in more depth, please contact your Event 1 Integrator support representative.
Adjust the Project Number in Prolog Manager
- Open Prolog Manager
- Open the database and then open Portfolio Manager
- Select the project in question and review the content of the Sequence field. Change the value in the Number field as appropriate so that it will result in a valid Job Number for Sage Timberline Office.