Your cart is currently empty.
How to I automate the importing of Estimate Changes?
BackgroundIf there are changes to the Approved Estimate Changes total to be sent to Sage 300 CRE (from data in Prolog Manager), Integrator will create a file that can be imported into Job Cost using the Import Estimates feature. This topic discusses how to automate this process so that Integrator can initiate the import process for you.
1. Make sure an import file presently exists.The file name of the import-file used by Integrator is "Estimate Changes from Prolog Manager.JCE". This file is created automatically when you execute the "Perform Modifications" task with the "Budget Changes" option selected. This file will need to exist before you can create a Sage 300 CRE macro. To create this file manually (if it does not exist yet), follow these steps:
- a) Start Notepad by clicking the Start button, then Programs, Accessories, and then Notepad
- b) Type the following text on the first line:
*,00-000,x(where 00-000 is a fake job number matching your company's job number format)
- c) Click the File menu and click Save.
- d) In the Save in drop-down list (at the top), navigate to your Sage 300 CRE data folder.
- e) In the Save as type drop-down list, select All Files
- f) In the Filename field, type: Estimate Changes from Prolog Manager.JCE
- g) Click Save
2. Create the Sage 300 CRE Macro
- a) Start Sage 300 CRE Job Cost
- b) Click the Tools menu and click Macros.
- c) Click on Add Step.
- d) Click the Tools menu, then Import and then Estimates.
- e) In the Import file box, type:
Estimate Changes from Prolog Manager.JCE
- f) IMPORTANT: Check the box entitled "Import as an Approved Estimate Change" (failing to do so will result in changes to the original estimate, not the approved estimate changes).
- g) If you perfer for the Sage 300 CRE Import Estimates Recap to be printed to a print file (rather than to a printer), click Printer Setup and check Print to file. Also, click Select File and specify the file name. Lastly, click OK.
- h) Click OK to accept the settings in the Import Estimates - Print Selection window.
- i) When prompted "If this step is unsuccessful", answer "Terminate macro immediately" and then click OK.
- j) Click Save As and specify a filename of:
Import Estimate Changes.mac
3. Specify the name of the macro for Integrator
- a) Start Integrator
- b) Click Settings and then Budget Change Settings (this might be displayed as Estimate Change Settings on your system).
- c) Click the Import tab
- d) Check "Automatically launch Sage 300 CRE macro"
- e) In the Macro file name box, click the ellipses button and select the file named Import Estimate Changes.mac
- f) Optionally, click Options to specify additional preferences that control how the macro will be executed. By checking the box entitled "Wait for macro to finish", you can add files (such as the name of the print file identified in step 2g) that Integrator will include as file attachments when sending email. When doing so, be sure to set the maximum time to wait (e.g., 600 seconds).
- g) Click Save.