Office Connector Import
Before You Start
During the installation of your software, you were prompted to identify the path for your License Folder. The same path should have been used when performing the installation on all workstations because this provides a central location that all workstations look to for their software license. If you suspect that different paths were used or the path has changed, you can re-run the installation to establish the correct path.
Obtaining License Keys
NOTE - If this is the first time you are obtaining license keys, make sure that you have received an email from Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate Connector Fulfillment that provides the License ID(s) for your company name.
Follow these steps to obtain the license keys you need. These steps only need to be performed one time from any workstation that has your Office Connector software installed.
- Step 1 - Start Microsoft Excel
- Step 2 - Open the Licensing window
- Excel 2007 and higher
- 1) Click the Add-Ins tab on the ribbon
- 2) In the Custom Toolbars group, click the button with the tool-tip of Office Connector Import : Show Control Panel
- 3) In the list of options on the left, click Licensing and then click Update Licenses in the upper-right
- Excel 2007 and higher
- Step 3 - Enter Company Name
If the Company Name box is blank, enter your company name as it is shown in the email you received from Event 1 Software. For simplicity, you can copy and paste the name from the email into this box.
- Step 4 - Select Licenses
In the grid showing the different types of licenses that are available, check the box in the Select column for each license that you need to obtain license keys for.
- Step 5 - Enter License IDs
For each selected license, enter your License ID if there is not already a value in that column. You will find your License IDs in the email you received from Event 1 Software. You can copy and paste the IDs from that email into each row.
- Step 6 - Select Communication Method
Click Next and select select a Communication Style from one of the choices:
- Online - This is the easiest way to obtain your license keys. Your request for license keys will be submitted directly to our license server. Our license server will determine what aspects of your license need to be updated and, if possible, will communicate the necessary license keys to the software. Your license will be updated automatically.
- Email - Your request for license keys will be emailed to our services group. You will receive a reply containing your license keys and instructions for entering them.
- Fax - Your request for license keys will be faxed to our services group. The request form will be displayed and you will be able to print it and fax it. You will receive a return fax containing your license keys and instructions for entering them.
- Phone - You can call the number shown on the screen to speak to a support representative during regular business hours. Our representative can generate your license keys and provide them over the phone for you to enter.
- Step 7 - Submit Your Request
Click Next to communicate your license key request
If you selected the Online option, your license will be updated automatically if license keys are successfully delivered.
If you selected Email or Fax, your license keys will be provided sometime later. In the meantime, you can close this window. When you re-open the Licensing window later, you will be asked if you want to enter the license keys that were sent to you.
Your Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate Connector application stores information about your software license on your local network. This information gets updated when your software receives license keys provided by Event 1 Software. License keys are used to initially activate your software license when you first purchase it, and are also used to update your license when things change. An example of a change would be when you renew your software maintenance. The license keys update your stored license information so that the software knows that you are eligible for new versions through the term of your plan.
Since your software license is tied to the physical location on the network where it resides, if that location changes (due to a server upgrade for example), you may need to update your license in this case also.