The following pop-up message is displayed after providing Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate login information using Office Connector:
The user name or password you entered is incorrect. Please enter a valid user name and password.
Assuming you are entering a valid Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate operator ID and password, the most common cause of this error is that the Timberline ODBC driver has not been activated. The Timberline ODBC driver is a separately purchased component made by Sage Software and it is a requirement of Office Connector in order to access your Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate data. The Timberline ODBC driver is always installed along with your Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate applications however it cannot be used with third-party applications unless a license has been purchased and the activation code has been entered.
You will first want to determine the activation status of the Timberline ODBC driver on your system. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Have all users exit any Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate applications they are using.
2. Start TS-Main
3. Select your data folder and login as usual.
4. Click Tools / Change Registration or Uses…
5. Locate the row (or field) labeled ODBC Driver and check to see if a six-digit numeric value appears in the Activation Code column. If there is no code in this cell then the Timberline ODBC driver has not been activated. If a code does appear in this cell, please contact Event 1 technical support for further assistance.
6. If no activation code was present, this may not necessarily mean that you have not purchased a license to use the ODBC Driver. Your next step should be to contact Timberline Activations using the phone number shown at the top of the Registration and Uses – Change Activation Data window. If a license has been purchased, you may only need to acquire the activation code and then enter it in this window. If a license of the ODBC Driver has not been purchased, you will be guided to the appropriate representative to assist you with acquiring it.
Note – For more information about system requirements, refer to the information at the bottom of the Office Connector page: