Why does my error log report that the file KeyLib32.dll is not found?
When starting your Event 1 software application or attempting to perform various tasks, the following message is displayed:
An unexpected situation was encountered. Would you like to email this information to the support department?
Upon examination of the error log, the following entry is found in numerous locations:
48 File not found: KeyLib32.dll
Upon searching, you find that the KeyLib32.dll file resides under the Windows System32 folder.
In some environments the KeyLib32.dll is blocked from executing by a feature of Microsoft Windows called Data Execution Prevention (DEP for short). DEP helps protect against damage from viruses and other security threats but in some cases falsely identifies a program or DLL as a threat. To disable DEP for a specific application, follow these steps:
1. Open the Windows Control Panel
2. Double-click System
3. Click Advanced
4. In the Performance box, clck Settings
5. Click Data Execution Prevention
6. Select Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select
7. Click Add and navigate to the folder containing the executable. The executable file will depend on the specific Event 1 application you are running:
Office Connector = Excel.exe
Forecast Manager = FCMGR.exe
Integrator = Integrator.exe
8. Click OK and the OK again to close the System Properties window.