Licenses for many of the products developed by Event 1 Software work based on a number of concurrent uses assigned to each license type. This allows each customer to have multiple staff utilizing the same license type simultaneously if desired.
The following products are included in this behavior:
- Liberty Reports Query Designer (all flavors)
- Liberty Reports Query Standard (all flavors)
- Office Connector Query Designer (all flavors)
- Office Connector Query Standard (all flavors)
- Office Connector Write Designer (all flavors)
- Office Connector Write Standard (all flavors)
While this example pertains to the use of Office Connector, the same principals can be applied to any product developed by Event 1 Software that is based on a number of concurrent uses assigned to each license type.
Suppose that you have two people that work on Office Connector spreadsheets, but you have only purchased one license concurrency. In the following example, Brenda is using the Save data with report workbook preference to "float" her license concurrency:
- Brenda opens her Office Connector workbook and grabs the concurrency when she refreshes her data.
- Bill opens his Office Connector workbook and sees a message saying that all concurrencies are in use. He asks Brenda to please release the concurrency.
- Brenda saves, closes and then reopens her workbook – she is now working with a saved copy of the data, which is up-to-date as of the time that she last refreshed.
- Bill then clicks the Refresh button in his workbook to gain access to the current Sage 300 CRE data. Bill’s machine is now using the floating license concurrency.
NOTE - Versions of Office Connector prior to 2.2.x required Excel to be closed completely in order to release concurrencies.