Office Connector 2.02.0030
What's New in Office Connector 2.02.0030
The Short List
- This version provides much faster performance for users who utilize “persistent caching”.
- Based on the concept of the available-for-purchase “Retain” VBA module, the new OCRetain function has been redesigned for the enterprise and integrated into the core software – at no additional cost to you! Watch the video!
- New reports have been added to the launch pad, including JC Job List with Maps and Weather, JC Transactions and PM Lease Expiration List.
- There have been many improvements to the usability of the software.
- The four possible settings for “Persistent Caching” have been replaced by a single check box, Save data with report.
- The “Persistent Caching” feature applied only to workbook function results. Save data with report treats queries and function results as a single, unified concept.
- Load times have been drastically reduced.
- The progress meter displays real-time updates when the cache is large.
- The new workbook function, OCRetain, keeps manually-entered data on the correct rows when an adjacent query is refreshed. No VBA is required to manage the process.
- Office Connector workbook functions that do not have a custom wizard now can be conveniently accessed using the Excel Insert Function dialog under the Office Connector 2.x category.
- Wizard enhancements
- Queries are now inserted with the columns automatically sized to fit the data.
- You can now sort the Tables and Fields lists.
- The Find feature has been expanded to search the Tables list by table and file name, and search the Fields list by custom description and dictionary name.
- Added the FirstRefresh workbook property so you can control if and when Office Connector prompts to refresh data.
- Once you have logged in to Timberline using Office Connector, it will no longer prompt for the operator ID and password when changing data folders during a given Excel session. There is a checkbox on the Advanced tab of the Preferences window that you can use to disable this enhancement.
- Expanded the OCVersion workbook function to include the version number of both the add-in and the DLL.
- Added the TSVersion workbook function to return the Timberline “CD version”.
Updated User Interface
- Operator Selection window now displays the data folder being accessed.
- Rearranged the Advanced preferences to improve access to the most commonly-used settings. Also removed some rarely-used settings and added new settings to go along with new features in this release.
- Improved labels and added tool tips to the Query and Function Wizards and the Preferences window.
- Added a check for over 65336 rows being in the cache for Excel 2003 and prior, and display a message notifying the user that not all of the cache can be saved (but that Excel 2007 and above can save over a million rows).
- Changed “Permission Denied” in the Write results report to “Specific Permission Required” to avoid confusing Office Connector module permissions with Timberline and Windows File permissions.
- Added a message after the user licenses Office Connector - Write that indicates the need to install the administrator program.
New Macros for VBA
- The OCWrapQueryTables macro allows you to use VBA to copy and paste template worksheets that contain queries, and then refresh them without requiring the user to interact with the toolbar.
- The OCStoreValues and OCRestoreValues macros allow you to manage OCRetain activity manually.
- The OCLogError and OCTrace macros allow you to write your own information to the Office Connector error and trace logs.
- Resolved an issue where the license concurrency would not be released until all workbooks were closed.
- Resolved an issue where using custom SQL statements or hand-typed filters with workbook functions could cause a workbook to load slowly.
- Resolved an issue where the persistent cache could be lost if the last function evaluated prior to saving referenced a missing table (for example, a NEW file that had been posted).
- Implemented a faster, case-sensitive cache.
- Added error handlers for when Excel passes an ERROR as a parameter to an Office Connector workbook function.
- Office Connector now attempts to automatically recover from catastrophic errors (Error 91).
- Fixed a bug in the list of In values in the Add Condition window where case insensitivity was leading to “duplicate” errors.
- Support section on the System Information report will no longer be blank when the Internet is unreachable.