The preview pane appears at the bottom of the Query Wizard as you are following the steps of the wizard to construct a query. A limited number of rows of data is displayed in this grid based on your query at each step. This allows you to confirm that you getting the desired results.
To change the order of the columns, click the column caption of a column to select it. Then click the column caption and drag it to the desired location.
Right-click on any column heading to display the context menu. The following options are included on this menu:
- Properties - Displays the Column Properties window for the selected column.
- Sort Small to Large - Changes the primary sort order to be based on this column, showing smallest values first.
- Sort Large to Small - Changes the primary sort order to be based on this column, showing largest values first.
- Move Left - Moves the column before the column to its left.
- Move Right - Moves the column after the column to its right.
- Remove - Removes the column from the query.
- Hide Preview Grid - Causes the Preview Pane to be hidden.